OUR LOCATION AND THE AREA
There are plenty of things to do in the surrounding countryside
About the area
Rhydins Farm is situated in the north of Carmarthenshire on the edge of the Brecon Beacons and the Cambrian mountains. We are almost equidistant from the coast of Cardiganshire and Pembrokeshire, with Pendine and New Quay being about an hour’s drive. We are ideally located for visiting the many attractions that Carmarthenshire has to offer such as the National Botanical garden, Aberglasney gardens and the many castles and historical sites that can be found in this part of the world.
For keen walkers our property is next to the Crychan forest with its many forest trails. And no visit would be complete without seeing the beautiful Red Kites that inhabit this area.
Things to See & Do
Rhydins Farm is the ideal location to experience many activities including:
- Cycling – Rhydins is surrounded by quiet roads to cycle and take in the Welsh air.
- Walking – Walking trails around the Crychan Forest are great to explore the tranquillity of the forest.
- Trail Running – Crychan Forest is the perfect location for Trail running with plenty of tracks to choose from.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting – Available locally.
- Quad Biking – Available locally.
- Fishing – Day passes are available to fish on the River Towy.
- Watersports – Llangorse Lake offers the perfect place to enjoy watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, water skiing and sailing.
- Mountain Biking – The Crychan Forest has many tracks for biking for all difficulties.
- Bird Watching – The local RSPB reserve offers a great chance to see the Red Kites gliding over the countryside.
- Beaches – Rhydins Farm is the perfect place to explore the coast, with nearby beaches such as Pembrey, Tenby, The Gower beaches, Newquay and the Cardigan coast.
- Millennium Coastal Path – This famous coastal path offers the perfect opportunity for walking and cycling and is approximately an hours drive from Rhydins Farm
- Dark Sky – Prepared to be dazzled by the unspoilt night sky, stargazing is a must.
Places to Visit
There are also many nearby places to visit such as:
- Cynghordy Viaduct
- Llyn Brianne Dam
- Zip World
- RSPB Reserve Rhandirmwyn and Twm Sion Cati cave
- Cwm Rhayader in Rhandirmwyn
- Dan Yr Ogof Show Caves
- The National Botanical Garden of Wales
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Newton House, Dynefwr Park & Castle
- Paxtons Tower
- Dryslwyn Castle
- Llyn y Fan Fach
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- Oakwood Park
- Folly Farm
- Blue Lagoon
- The Heart of Wales Railway
- Llangorse Activity Centre
- Cantref Adventure Farm + Riding Centre
- Aberglasney House and Gardens
- Various Beaches about 1 hour away.
You will find a good range of pubs and cafes offering good food in Llandovery and the surrounding area.